This solution is for computers running Windows 95, Windows
98, Windows 98 Second Edition and Windows ME with more than 512MB memory and
receiving “out of memory” or "not enough memory" message
Windows Vcache driver causes this problem. Computers with
512MB or more memory can end up having maximum Cache size consuming all the
virtual memory and leaving no memory for other applications. Defining
Maxfilecache settings in System.ini file solves this problem.
- Please click on Start button and select Run.
- Please type: SYSEDIT and click OK.
- Please select SYSTEM.INI Window to display its content.
- Please find the [vcache] section, add the MinFileCache=
and MaxFileCache= lines to it, if [vcache]
section does not exist then please create it.
- The value for these settings
are in kilobytes. For example, if you want to create a 50-MB cache that
cannot exceed 55 MB, the lines would be as follows:
- Please save new configuration by choosing File menu and